Thursday, February 13, 2014

Dreamweaver Stencils February Flutters Challenge!!

Welcome to Dreamweaver Stencils February Flutter Challenge!!  


This month the team is creating with anything that flutters.  Today I chose butterflies because I AM READY FOR SPRING.    We have about 10 feet of snow here in Western Montana and I am ready for some window open weather!!


I can't believe that I haven't tried this before, but today I used stencils with velvet paper in my die cutting machine.  I LOVE THE RESULTS!!!  I dry embossed the velvet paper with same way that I would have embossed regular paper.   My "embossing sandwich" is multi layer platform, stencil, paper, rubber embossing mat, TWO acrylic cutting plates.  I put the TWO cutting mats on last, so that  I don't accidentally bend my stencil.

I used a new release stencil from Dreamweaver Crusade LX7025:




I then went on to use the Double Glitter Technique on two different DW Butterfly Stencils:






Here is a step by step video tutorial using the Double Glitter Technique.



When I was done with the Double Glitter Technique, I cut my designs out and adhered them to my background in a 3D manner.  



Obviously I wouldn't be able to mail this card in a traditional envelope, it could be mailed in one of those pizza box mailers, if you know what I am talking about.



I decided I was so happy with my creation, I put a frame behind it and placed in on my shelf in my craft studio/office.  

I never make things for myself and all day I have been looking at this and love it more and more!!

Are you ready for some more Fluttering inspiration???



Wendy Jordan  You're HERE!!!


Flutter over to your crafty stash and make a "fluttering" creation.   Link it to Dream It Up  Blog for your change to win!  See you there!!

Pin It

8 comments:

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Beautiful dimension Wendy! Love the picture frame display.

Pam Hornschu said...

What a gorgeous creation, Wendy! Love the dry embossing on the velvet paper (have to remember that), and your beautiful butterflies! I need to remember that you have a double glitter tutorial if I need to reference in a post.

Heather said...

this is very beautiful, I love butterflies!!!thank you for sharing

Jan Castle said...

Lovely card Wendy!!! TFS
Jan

Sandy C. said...

Butterflies are my favorite card images.
This was an awesome technique done by you.
Hope to try it soon.


S.C.

Louise said...

WOW, great creation Wendy! It must have such texture in person between the velvet paper and the glitter. It would make me happy to look at it throughout the day too! We only have about 2 feet of snow, but enough already!

nanny23 said...

Hi Wendy

I can't find a contact me button on your blog. I won from the Quietfire Designs Blog Hop! I am suppose to send you my address for snail mail and don't know where to put it. Could you send me an e-mail and I will reply to you? thanks so much! I am so excited this will be my first win in a blog hop!! Lynn

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Gorgeous piece of artwork Wendy. Love to see people using their materials and stencil tools, thanks for the inspiration!